Adopt International is pleased to introduce our affiliation with Family and Children’s Agency to provide an adoption program in Korea.
Family and Children’s Agency has had a successful program with Korea for 20 years. The program works directly with birthmothers and the children who are placed in private, supervised foster care and are receiving regular medical attention.
Most children being referred are infant boys who are relinquished by their birthmothers shortly after birth.
Criteria for Adoptive Parents
- Single applicants are not accepted.
- Couples must be married at least three years.
- Both members must between 25 and 41 1/2 years of age.
- Both members must have a Body Mass Index of under 30.
- Couples must be in good physical and mental health.
- Per the requirement of Social Welfare Society in Korea, Jehovah’s Witness, Latter-Day Saint or Muslim applicants cannot be accepted.
Korea’s Adoption Process
Once the family completes the limited required paperwork, they can expect to be matched to a child within approximately 12 months. Then the family can plan on brining their child home within the next three to six months. Adopt International requires at least one parent travel to Seoul, Korea to escort their child home, which takes approximately one week.
The Korean adoption program costs $32,240 for California residents, not including immigration, post placement, and travel.
Fees for sibling groups will be quoted case by case
Visa application fees are not included.
Travel, lodging, food, and personal expenses are the responsibility of the applicants and will vary depending on point of origin and amenities.
All fees are subject to change without notice.